To make a successful care package you need to start at the crack of dawn. You need time to bake, cool and pack your goodies and then get them to the post office in time for an early pick up. I try not to pack too much so that it's overwhelming, but enough so that they can share with new or old buddies. I always include napkins.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Blondies
oven to 350
line an 8x8 square baking pan with a sling of parchment or foil for easy removal and cutting
6 Tbsp unsalted butter
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup peanut butter (I like smooth)
- Melt the butter either in a saucepan or in a microwavable mixing bowl
- Whisk in the sugars and peanut butter until thoroughly mixed.
2 large eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Whisk in the eggs and vanilla.
1 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Whisk together the flour and salt and stir into the wet mixture. Then fold in the chips.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until a toothpick comes out moist but clean. Don't over bake---treat these blondies as you would brownies and err on the underdone side.